17 April 2010

Danish literature and film

I was looking forward to this lessons. I’m very interested in this topic.
Unfortunately, I have to say that I was disappointed. I was hoping that we would read some stories / poems and then analyze and discuss them. But we didn’t do such things. We only saw 2 writers: Karen Blixen and Hans Christian Andersen. I already knew Andersen, his stories for children are famous, also in Belgium. But I agree, he is a very known writer and he comes from Denmark, so it is logical that we talk about him. I didn’t mind at all.
There are a lot of things that we could do with these authors writing work or even their life stories.
Unfortunately, we just saw a film about their lives. it was interesting, but the teacher could just tell us those things in 15 minutes. Then there would be some time left for reading their stories. Because, let’s face it, we know those people now and we know some titles of their most famous work, but we don’t know their stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment