02 February 2010

Off to an adventure


31 january, 7.45 AM : It was time to leave Belgium... After a wet and emotional farewell, I jumped in my car and took off to Denmark, Haderslev. I was a bit scared, but mostly I was excited. We didn't had to many problems on our way here. Only the weather scared us sometimes. When we arrived in Haderslev 8 hours later my excitement only grew. The appartement was great: warm, big enough and with wireless internet. Haderslev is a very warm and sociable town. We leave nearby the centre, where all the shops are.

1 february, 8.30 AM : Nine, our buddy, picked us up to go to the university... We only had to walk about 10 minutes. The size of the building amazed me... They are a lot bigger than in Belgium.
At 9 o'clock the adventure continued. We got to meet the other exchange students. I never saw so many nationalities in one room... it was great! Jette gave us a lot of information about trips, lessons, practice,... It all looks very interesting. I especially look forward to the danish lessons.

1 february, 4 PM: Stefanie and myself went looking for a supermarket. We chose the "Netto" store... It was quite expensive, so the next time we have to buy food, we're going to look for a Liddl.

In general, I can say the first day was wonderfull... Now I can only hope that my further stay in denmark will be as great as my first day here. I'll keep you informed!

No comments:

Post a Comment